Thursday, January 15, 2009

P90X...OUCH!!!!!!!

Well, we are almost through our first week of P90X and Cam and I cannot move without feeling some PAIN! I actually like the pain because I feel like I'm accomplishing something. However, it would be nice to burp Aydrie or pick up Brayden without the constant ache in my arms, back, stomach, legs...etc. The best thing about P90X is working out with Cam. We've never exercised together before now. Cam would usually weight lift with one of my brothers and I would do exercise videos and run on the treadmill. It has been so much fun doing this together...and it sure is a lot easier to get out of bed at 5:30 in the morning when we are both getting up!
So far we have been impressed with P90X...yah, the Yoga was a little different (we've never done Yoga before) but it was still a workout!
Only 86 days left to go!

Here's Brayden modeling our new pull-up bar. It is now one of his most favorite 'toys'.


There is a tricky part to working out together...who's going to take care of the kids if they wake up? Our second day into P90X Brayden did wake up while we were doing some crazy Cardio stuff...but, instead of needing our attention he decided to join us. He saw that we were wearing shoes so he grabbed his (notice they don't match). In this picture he is running in circles around the pair of pants on the floor (which was the action we were all doing). So it actually hasn't been a problem trying to exercise with the kids awake. It makes for some really great laughs!

10 comments:

Ruby in the Rough said...

What fun! I love that he ran around the pants. I love how toddlers think! Aydrie is so pretty, and so are you BreAnn! I look at your hair and wish to myself that my hair was as long as yours, but you know what? I think my hair is actually longer than yours! It's an inch above my waist. Crazy, huh? It doesn't feel very long, though.

Hey, remember that Lion King board game we played with Sonia for our last Monday Night Rendezbvous? I just bought that game again (my mom sold the original). I was so excited to have it! I miss hanging out with you and Sonia. If I could get together with any two old friends, it would be you two.

Kelly & Charlene Moore said...

Kelly and I are jealous. You will have to tell us the results of P90X so that if it works we can try it and hope it works for us.

Stacy said...

That is so funny! We started P90x this week too! And I agree, OUCH!!!!!!

Steve and Stacy Harbie said...

I love it! Brayden is HILARious! Yoga is hard, I am impressed you guys are doing the p90x it seems like a lot of work.

Becky said...

I admire you guys! I really need to start working out some...It's a sad day when your "fat pants" fit like a glove.

Amy said...

Way to go! Although I must say I'm not surprised that you are doing it.

Blackham Family said...

You are such a trooper. Getting up so early with a new baby. 7:00 feels like 5:00 to me now a days. Ok maybe not that bad but that is great you guys are troopers. That is great that Braden is so good about it. You have seen Tanner he would just grab my hand and drag me around the house. I am not sure if you have heard of the other videos from the same website but turbo jam and hip hop abs i have both of them if you get sick of the ones you have and want to try something new.

Amy said...

How is the diet portion going? Are you guys doing it?

Our Family said...

lol that is so funny to hear the p90x burn is happening!! Keep up the good work!! and go Brayden you little stud!!

Ty Clark said...

HAHAHAHA I TOLD YOU IT WAS GONNA HURT!! But i am surprised that you are actually still doing it! I was for sure you were not going to make it past the second day HAHAHA!! I guess we do have some competition after all HAHAHA!! HAHAHA Brayden is so Hilarious, that funny kid! I think Brayden is gonna get bigger than you two HAHA!!!