Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Oh, SOOO Crafty

CRAFTS are the BEST...
Especially when they are FREE!

My sister-in-law, Shannon, gave me this Magnent board for Christmas.
Before:


Last night was full of crafty fun when I painted, glued, tied, stamped, and sanded the board into this:


This little beauty will proudly display my very detailed 2-week menu. (Maybe if I see the menu every day, I'll stick to it...)

***NOTE TO SELF*** - When creating beautiful art like this magnent board you just finished, always, Always, ALWAYS check the back for the initial nail-hanging holes BEFORE gluing the bow on front....This will prevent you from buying and installing new nail hangers because you glued everything on upside down.

10 comments:

Lisa and Dan said...

I love the note to self. I can so see myself doing something like that too! It's a very cute board by the way.

Katie McCaul said...

It turned out so so so cute! Can you make me one? I also love note to self...I have put stuff together and done it totally wrong and then make JASON fix it! That is what the husbands are for right?

Becky said...

Doing everything upside down is TOTALLY something I'd do too! That really makes me laugh. And your board turned out super cute!

Katie McCaul said...

I don't know I am pretty scared of you and CAM!!! I love hanging with you guys too...and yes the ice cream was so yummy we have to go back because I have a coupon remember! Jason is still sick, but is still playing ball so I guess he is ok.

Steve and Stacy Harbie said...

Fantastic job!!! I have always wanted to make one of those but concluded I am not crafty enough.

Blackham Family said...

You are my favorite. I have totally done the same thing. We have the same board they are great. You did a good job. You will have to teach me some crafty skills. I dont have any of those. (All your cute teacher niss coming out)

Kelly & Charlene Moore said...

That magnet board looks way cute. The basketball game was fun. Your kids are so cute. I loved holding Aydrie she is such a good baby. Hope to see you next week!

Stacy said...

Very Cute!!! That is too funny that you put the bow on up-side-down.
That is something I would do too!
GREAT JOB!!

Ty Clark said...

OH WOW!! That is nifty and i am guessing that you put the bow in the wrong spot cuz i can totally seeing you doing something like that BreAnn HAHAHA!!

Corey and Arleen Jensen said...

Love it. That is what pop cans and hot glue are for. When you do silly things like that, take the tab off a can of pop, and glue it on. Most things in my house are hung that way.... Yes because I don't check the back before I glue stuff on as well.