Thursday, January 29, 2009

High School...Good Times!

1. Did you date someone in high school? I went on dates but never had a boyfriend (although I would have gladly let Cameron take that role)
2. What kind of car did you drive? My parents' 15-passenger van. It was the only automatic we had and I was afraid of driving stick.
3. Did you pass your driver's license test the first time? yes
4. Were you a party animal? No...far from it.
5. Were you considered a flirt? No. I didn't discover this wonderful tool until I was in college. I was too self-conscious in high school.
6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? No...in middle school I played the clarinet and bass clarinet
7. Were you a nerd? Not sure...I don't think so.
8. Were you on any varsity teams? Volleyball, Track (does that count?), and I was a wrestling cheerleader my senior year
9. Did you ever get suspended or expelled? No.
10...?...What is question 10?
11. Who were your favorite teachers? I liked all my teachers...but the ones I enjoyed learning from the most were Mr. Bessey for Algebra 2 and Mr. Lund for Chemistry. Both were funny.
12. Where did you sit at lunch? the Lunchroom (hello? Where else do you get to eat a well balanced, delicious meal?)
13. School mascot: Templars
14. School colors: Red and White
15. Did you go to homecoming and who with? Jr. year- Sam Fife and Sr. year- Kyle Hansen. Both were a lot of fun.
16. If you could go back and do it again, would you? Yes. I would be more like I was in college and be more out-going and friendly...even be friends with boys. ha ha I also would do it again to play volleyball. That was the best!
17. What do you remember most about graduation? The ceremony went well...and afterwards, the party was at Snow College's Activity Center. I remember being more myself and hanging out with lots of friends - including boys (Cam was one of them...we played volleyball together....tingles...)
18. Where did you go on Senior Skip Day? Lagoon - I love the water snake ride...whatever that one is called.
19. Were you in any clubs? no
20. Have you gained weight since then? yes, from being pregnant, but I've lost it now.
21. Who was your prom date? Jr. Spencer Lund, Sr. Craig Brown from Gunnison
22. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? You bet - that is, if we have one...we haven't had our 5 year yet (are we supposed to?) So hopefully we have a 10 year.
23. Did you have a job while in high school? I cleaned rooms at a Bed and Breakfast in Sterling. I also tested cows with my Uncle Corey and Aunt Arleen. (No...this does NOT mean we had to stick a glove-covered arm down the cows rear parts (this is the one question I was asked by everyone when I told them about this job)...we took samples of the cows milk and recorded data.)
24. Worst class? Trigonometry....I DON'T GET IT...
25.Favorite class? I didn't really have a favorite..I liked them all pretty much equally...but I sure enjoyed the classes that had a certain someone in them (yes, Cam, that's YOU)

I tag: Shyanne, Reesa, Arleen, Kasha, Amy...and whoever has the desire to talk about their high school experience.

5 comments:

Our Family said...

Kyle Hansen and spencer lund really?? I did not know that! No I don't play basketball at all but luckily i have had some softball games in leagues

Westons said...

Wow, that takes me back. As for the 5-year reunion, Manti High never does one (I was disappointed when I found that out too). I think the 10-year should be fun (I hope they do it!). I went with Mark to his 10-year this summer and he really enjoyed it (I was glad I made him go). Anyway, Babylegs are mini leg warmers. Older kids wear them on their arms and they look like a long sleeve t-shirt underneath. I bet you could google them :)

The McCauls said...

I can't believe you went to prom with someone from Gunnison, you are a bid time trader. MANTI TEMPLARS RULE!!

Steve and Stacy Harbie said...

Cam can just get his school pics at the office. He needs to pick which one he likes the best for the year book. I think everytime he tries to get them they are closed . . . or that is Becky . . .

Ruby in the Rough said...

I liked reading your tag because I went to high school with you! Gosh, it feels like I just hung out with you last night. But that's because I was at someone's house last night for a little get-together, and she reminds me of you a great deal. She has the same hair as you, and your faces are kinda similar. So it really feels like I spent time with you. Weird.

Anyway, high school was fun. MHS was a great place to go, wasn't it?