Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Weekend Mornings

WeekEND Mornings are my FAVORITE!
They are my favorite because NOBODY in the Clark household is in a HURRY!
WeekDAY mornings are full of HUSTLE and BUSTLE...
Those mornings go something like this:
...Cam, waking up 10 minutes before he should be walking into his classroom, finds his way into his Snow College sweatshirt and whatever pants are the closest. (I'm sure his classmates wonder if he has any other wearable piece of clothing besides this beloved sweatshirt...) Next he runs around the house looking for his Camouflage-hunter hat to cover his ruffly BLACK locks (I LOVE the black....I'm hoping that gene outsmarts my light brown/blond gene and passes to one of our children someday).
...Meanwhile, I stumble around the kitchen, hastily putting some kind of edible sack lunch together (usually consisting of yummy leftovers) for my very-close-to-being-late Stud Muffin.
...Brayden joins in the chaos by running around the house in close step behind his daddy and says: "I wanna drink-o-milk" which is promptly followed by "I wanna watch a show." When his requests are not immediately fulfilled by his father, he then turns to his mother and repeats his needs once again...and again...and again...
...And don't forget about Aydrie...she's either dancing away in dream-land (lucky girl!) or making HER needs known to everybody, including those who live above us and possibly even the neighbors.

HUSTLE AND BUSTLE, I tell you, HUSTLE AND BUSTLE

As soon as Cam is all put together, there's a kiss for me, and one for Brayden (he makes sure his daddy doesn't leave his cheeks un-smooched), a 'have a good day' and 'don't forget your lunch' from me, some "I love yous" from everybody, and a "I wanna watch a show" from Brayden.
The weekday morning has officially started....weather we want it to or not!

NOW... weekEND mornings go something like this:



(We'll need to upgrade to a KING sized bed when we have more kids)

Cam is now the one dancing in dreamland, maybe even bouncing off pink fluffy clouds and singing something that resembles Enya...

No hustle and bustle...

Just enjoying the sound of chirping birds outside my window and Cam's quiet snore...
...and of course Brayden's 'I wanna drink-o-milk' and 'I wanna watch a show.'

That's why I LOVE weekEND mornings.

8 comments:

Steve and Stacy Harbie said...

You have such a cute fam! I love weekends, they are so fun!

Our Family said...

Wow you get up with cam!! I just leave Andy to fend for himself. I still need to work on the domestic house wife thing i guess.

Becky said...

I like the Snow sweatshirt and camo hat. Weekday mornings are terrible, unlike Cameron, the rest of us just walk in a half hour late. But HE CAN'T do that...whose notes would I copy?

Amy said...

You guys are cute. You are a good wife and mother.

I haven't heard back from ANYONE about our roommate thing. We will see. If you want come we could hang out even if nobody else wants to.

Westons said...

The only time we hustle like that is when we have 9 a.m. church! How do you do it every day?! Thank goodness for weekends!

Ty Clark said...

I completly agree. I love weekend mornings everyone is calm and not in a hurry or in an antzy mood which makes the day just that much better! Weekends are the best!!!

Ruby in the Rough said...

BreAnn, you are so cheesy! I love it!

Weekend mornings are wonderful! We cuddle too! It's a lot of fun!

Katie McCaul said...

I am glad you guys get to relax a little on weekend mornings! Thanks for the fun night...and FREAKING ME OUT! j/k Your family is adorable.