Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Playing Catch-up

Let's play catch-up.
Don't think we haven't been up to much because I haven't blogged....
It's quite the opposite actually...
We have been CRAZY BUSY!!!
So, like I said,
Let's play catch-up...

Here we go -

I'll start with the most EXCITING:

#1 - My sis-in-law, Tawnie, had a BABY GIRL on Sunday (15th)...I'm jealous for 2 reasons:
1. The baby practically slipped right out of her in less than 4 hours....WOW!
2. The baby weighed in at 7 pounds...WOW again! Unlike Tawnie, I'm really good at producing CHUNKERS (but dang cute CHUNKERS!)
CONGRATS STUBBS! SHE IS A DOLL!
(nope, no pictures yet...the camera decided not to join us on our visit to the hospital)

Coming in at #2 spot is the one thing that has been taking up all the extra space in my brain and in my bedroom...
***FOOD STORAGE***
Cam and I decided to get a big part of our food storage (and emergency preparedness stuff) bought and stored for those upcoming rainy days that are bound to happen. We were able to do this because of our great tax return. Even though this food storage plan has been my constant companion for the last 2 months, I have enjoyed becoming more prepared.
We don't have any more room under beds or in closets to store this wonderful stuff. That doesn't mean we QUIT (..although my very patient hubby has felt like doing so once or twice..). It means we make use of our tall, empty walls in our bedroom. Our food storage is stacked ever-so-nicely, in an organized manner, against these walls.

Here's part of what we've collected so far...


We LOVED our journeys to the cannery. Our good friends Randi and Katie accompanied us. You might be wondering how we look in the lunch lady look-a-like outfits (required clothing when participating in canning dried goods)....
4 letters.... H O T T !!! (nope, no pictures once again...maybe next time)
Thank goodness Katie owns a very nice, BIG truck...we owe her big...
We're still building and adding to our food storage...and will continue to do so forever...
GOOD FEELINGS come from building your food storage...

#3 = We've had a lot of fun visitors this past week. The Clark family came to stay for a few days. I tell you what - THEY KNOW HOW TO PARTY!!! I think I taught them a few skills in our Bad mitten game...You Are WELCOME!!!
Please stay again...we have FUN when you are here...and bring that Dog whisperer show again...and some pizza...
Movie + Pizza + Clark Fam = AMAZING...(We love you guys!)

AND...my roommate (while at SUU) popped in for awhile! It was great chatting with Cindy...she's a Dietitian now...DOUBLE WOW WOW! She's a REAL professional at what she does - I'm thinking about hiring her to create nutritious meals for me ...and to play on a volleyball team with me because SHE IS THAT GOOD!!!
I also learned that she's quite the huntress.
AND she has very pretty hair...she should be a hair model.
We will definitely get together again in the next 3 years to play catch-up because I LOVE IT! Actually, I wish it happened more often with all my friends.

Here's an old picture (taken at St. George Temple) of some of my BEAUTIFUL roommates. It's been a few years.
Cindy is the one in red.




Here we are at #4 - which includes 5, 6, and 7...(hurrying things along)
-My wonderful and very helpful brother brought our dryer to us because the one we were using decided it liked to dry one batch of my cloths in 4 hours instead of 1. So, Tood-a-loo to you, old dryer and HELLLLO newer-but-still-used newer dryer!
-I got another calling at church - Along with being a ward missionary with my sweetie-pie, I'm now the Beehive advisor...YIPEE...I've not been in Young Women's since I graduated from it 7 years ago but I'm excited and looking forward to it...
-I haven't bought bread for a month now. I make wheat bread FROM SCRATCH...yep, I even grind the wheat (electric grinders are AWESOME...but so is our hand grinder we have stowed away for now). It's quite satisfying and rewarding making bread...
I think making bread is a marvelous talent...one I have yet to master...



-AND LAST - Who else has been enjoying this GORGEOUS weather we've been having?

We're ready for Spring!



Well, stay tuned for more Catch-up...and pictures.

Good Night

5 comments:

Becky said...

You have been busy! I know we need to step-up our food storage--I really admire your dedication!

Tara Mogle said...

Go BreAnn!...and Cam! That is so impressive. You have definitely been very busy. Way to go! I need to do better for sure in that area of life. You are such a great mom and example to so many! lots of love.

Anna said...

we've been working on our food storage too! and i hear ya - GOOD FELINGS come from that! :) congrats on the new dryer, too. i've noticed that mine is taking longerand longer to dry our clothes... :( i like how you do your posts all creative - like. it makes it fun to read!

Corey and Arleen Jensen said...

Wow, look at you guys go.. I know where to come when bad times hit. Your house.... lots of food.. And I know you will share with your FAVORITE AUNT. JK We really are working on our own. And Yes I really love the cute outfits they make you wear at the cannery. So attractive, but not as attractive as Corey in my bath towel. Gota love it.......

Katie McCaul said...

You guys are so awesome!!! Yes we need to make another trip to the Cannery. . . I need lots more:)

CONGRATS on your calling that is what I am and I love it!!! YOU WILL DO GREAT>