Thursday, March 19, 2009

Midnight CCCs

Last week we made cookies at MIDNIGHT - Chocolate chip cookies.
They were DE-LISH.....well, mostly...

(I'm on the HUNT for a really, Really, REALLY good recipe for Chocolate chip cookies...I've tried many, but haven't found my favorite yet. So any of you out there who have a CCC (Chocolate Chip Cookie) recipe that you LLLOOOVVVEEE...Please share!)

As a team, we conquered the exciting task of creating delectable chocolaty delights(almost).
I'm so glad that this IrResisTible HOTT Stud MUFFIN is MY teammate!



And of course, our team wouldn't have been complete without this incredible piece of equipment called a BOSCH. In a very short period of time, a Bosch can spin many ingredients into one large ball of YUMMMM. (It makes Bread even better)



We all know the best part of creating edible treats is TASTE-TESTING...And it has to be done...it's a responsibility we were both willing to accept.



(He makes you wish YOU were the one tasting that dough, right?...WOW..that's something else...)


NO - we are NOT smooching that oh-so-tasty beater...


Next,

We ate some of our creations...



And then we shared a few with our garbage can...
(I know, I know, these look very similar to the ones above....but the ones above were NOT burned to a CRISP!)


This is what happens when your timer doesn't go off because the beeper is broken (but it counts time perfectly) and you lose all track of time because you're having a very intense discussion about Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery (we're reading the D&C as a couple).

(and maybe because it's MIDNIGHT...and who thinks straight at MIDNIGHT??)

WhOoOops...


I'd say it was a pretty productive night...


SMILES to ALL of you!

6 comments:

Tara Mogle said...

How fun! I don't think I could be up that late baking....and have my treats turn out! But it would make for a fun date night. So I have a recipe for you that I have used for the last couple of years...seriously the best recipe I have found. So here goes:
1 cup butter
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
3/4 cup sugar
1 3/4 cup brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 3/4 cup flour (all-purpose)
2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt

semisweet, milk chocolate, and white chocolate chips....I only use milk and white but whatever floats your boat!

Preheat to 375
beat butter and shortening until creamy, gradually add both sugars and beat until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well
It says to do this part in a separate bowl and then add it to the mix but I just throw it all in there together....flour, baking soda, and salt; beat until well blended
add chocolate morsels

if dough is sticky add 1/2 cup of cake flour....I never do this either because I put oatmeal in mine and then add the regular flour until it is just right
bake 7-12 minutes

Wow, long comment but I really love these cookies and hopefully you will too!

happy baking!

Anonymous said...

Why the HECK were you up at midnight making cookies? The cookies do look delicious though ;)
I don't have a any CCC recipes, but I have an oatmeal butterscotch cookie recipe that is to DIE for if you want it. Just ask Ryan, he will tell you how good they are.

Becky said...

Trent doesn't get the late night food cravings like I do--but I think it's genetic because my mom is always making cookies at midnight! Your kids won't stand a chance! But I love it!

Corey and Arleen Jensen said...

Way to go!! That's my kind of woman. Lots of great things happen at midnight. I do my best thinking then. Talk to your mom about the ccc. She always has good ones. Hope to see you soon. So do the toys. Can't wait.

Anna said...

mmm! de-lish! you and cam are so DANG cute! thanks for your sweet comment!

Ruby in the Rough said...

BreAnn, I get a kick out of you! I'm jealous you have a Bosch. My mom had (well, still has) one, and I'm actually pretty glad to see they're still around!

My favorite CCC is from Cookin' With The Crazy Lady (Trish Jenkin, from Manti). I've changed it a little.

1 cup Challenge brand butter, melted (butter makes a HUGE difference)
3/4 cup brown suger
3/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
chocolate chips (as desired)
nuts (as desired)

Mix butter and sugars until creamy, then beat in eggs and vanilla. Then stir in everything else. Now, an important part comes next: roll the scoops of cookies into balls. Yes, roll them. I think this is akin to kneading and gives them a different texture. I only cook mine about 8 minutes at 375 degrees, then I remove them to a cooling rack after a minute. You will also need a new timer (I do, too, and it sounds like for the same reason).

This is the best dough to just eat as a dough. My neighbor in Virginia offered to pay me for these cookies. Ha!