Sunday, April 26, 2009

Week in REVIEW

Our week went something like this:

1. My Grandma Fowles passed away a little more than a week ago. We attended the funeral in St. George. Memories of her danced through my mind as I stood by her casket and later, attended the funeral services.
Good memories - like the time when she started a tickle-ice war with a few of us...she came out victorious and the rest of us emerged with ice down our backs.
Great memories - like the time when we traveled far away (I now don't remember where we were headed....strange...) and we rode in the back of my grandparents blue truck. This truck was awesome because it had carpeted floors and benches in the cab..and that's where we rode -coloring, eating treats, and playing games with my grandma.
Fun memories - like the time when we hiked in the red hills of St. George. She pointed out flowers and plants, and issued warnings to not get too close to the river.
Sad memories - like the times when she started loosing her memory to Alzheimer's'... but she never forgot who we were.

The hardest part of the funeral was seeing my Grandpa look at her lifeless body one last time before closing the casket.

The best part of the funeral was the peace I felt. Peace came because I know that one day, we will see her again. And one day, my grandpa will hold her again.

And of course, it was wonderful seeing ALL my relatives again.

2. I tuned 25 last Wednesday. No more birthdays for me...I'm staying 25 forever.
It was a great day. I visited with my family and friends. Then Cam spent the entire evening with me - instead of studying for a test (But don't worry - He passed with all sorts of colors). He took me to Olive Garden (My SECOND LOVE) and then to a movie. He also sprinkled our home with BEAUTIFUL flowers of the Hawaiian sort.


3. Mush is now part of Aydrie's diet...but it's not her second love....it's not even her first....I think she loves it about as much as I love onions...and that's NO LOVE AT ALL.


4. Brayden has become an inch-off-the-floor jumper, Desitin applier, and towel modeler.



He's also a mini Stud-Muffin...


5. And Cam - he's catching a few ZZzzzzz's whenever possible, and cooking up something he likes to call Egg-Eye (never had it before...we'll make sure to bless it first...hee hee)



Busy busy busy...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is funny that you have those memories because I have the same fun memories. Those were fun times. Oh and the place that we went was Oregon. It was fun.

Good luck with that meal. Kinley made it once...I didn't like it :). You may though because you know Cameron is the best cook ever!! :)

Amy said...

sorry to hear about your grandma. I remember meeting her once when we came to SG.
I'm a little sad you didn't come by and say hi since you traveled so far. I know it gets busy with family stuff.

Cute kids!

Westons said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma. That's always hard.
It sounds like you had a great birthday! Dinner AND a movie is a real treat after the kids come :) Happy belated birthday!

Katie McCaul said...

I am sorry about your grandma!
Your birthday sounds fun...and love all the pictures of your cuties!!!

Corey and Arleen Jensen said...

Maybe he put the desitin on his face because it was sore, or he has discovered a new facial moisturizer. Yout try it out and let us know how it goes.

Shy said...

Sorry about your grandma, that's good that you have so many good memories of her :) Happy Birthday last week! You are soooooo old, let me tell ya! I always love the pics of your kiddies. Especially Brayden! It makes me super excited for our little guys :) Especially the Destin one!

Shy said...

Oh, hey, do you think you could get Kasha to invite me to view their blog??? My email is shyanne.hathaway@live.com

Ty Clark said...

HAHAHA CUTE!!! Oh brayden that funny kid. He is a stud muffin :)! HOLY COW BREANN 25 THAT IS INSANE!!! I swear you were 35 last time i checked HAHAHA!! JUST KIDDING!! I think Aydrie likes her toes better than food HAHAHAHA!! OH FUNNY!!!