Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Date Night #1 - Drive In

One of our New Year's Goals is to do a date night EVERY week. Most of these dates will be at home, after the kids have drifted off to dream land.

So, being the goal-driven, resolution-keeping people that we are, we went on our first date of the new year to the Drive In.
The date was planned by Cameron.

First, he gave me a note that read:

Hey Hott Stuff,
Let's see your hott car.
I hope you can jive with me
at the Drive In.

He produced several cardboard boxes(most were rescued from the recycling bin outside), paper plates, paper, tape, and markers and instructed me to create a car in 20 minutes. It was slow-going at first. But after watching Cam hard at work, my inner Henry Ford kicked in, and we created works-of-art!
Creative process:

Cam showing the before product:


With the helpful judging scores from our upstairs neighbors, my van won first place....all because of the MODEST Hawaiian Hula-Doll on the dash of my 70's-look-a-like van.
Hey, Modest is Hottest.

(Those things on Cam's car that look like bug antennae are actually windshield wipers. He created AWESOME wheels...)

The Drive In was our next stop. We parked our cars in the living room...



...and then I got to cuddle with this HOTT STUFF while we watched the movie 'Charlie St. Cloud' and ate Trail Mix and Wheat Thins. (We didn't really like the show....kinda weird.)


Yes....I'd say it was a successful first date.

5 comments:

Ruby in the Rough said...

Wow, you guys are so cute!

It's nice to catch up a little on your blog. Your kids are adorable. I'm glad you got some pictures of the cruise back!

Our Family said...

What a great idea ;) you made a van huh that is so cute. tell cam i knew those were whipers even before I read the print!! and ps you and your skinny butt makes me want june to be here so much faster love ya guys

Stephs Story said...

That's such a great goal to have! Having a weekly date night with kids is difficult but I'm so proud of you for taking time just for the two of you! Cute idea for a date!

BALLS said...

that is such a great idea.some of my favorite date nights are the ones at home!

Amy said...

I was just thinking I needed more date ideas. Thanks for sharing. We love date night too. Glad you have a great guy to take care of you. Isn't it the best?!